Technology can be a useful tool when doing genealogy. Understanding how to use technology can help genealogists create an organized, useful system that makes doing research much easier. Take a moment to browse the topics available on this page for helpful tips on making technology work for you.
See also Ancestors Season 2: Genealogy and Technology at the FamilySearch Learning Center.
- Add recent announcements
- New gadgets
- Learn the basics of digital storage to help preserve genealogical files and which digital storage devices work best for genealogists by reading Digital Storage.
- Convert old cassette tapes and records directly to your computer! The article Transferring Analog to Digital explains how.
- Not Sure Which Genealogy Management Software to Use?
- Windows Genealogy Software
- Mac Genealogy Software
Conference Syllabus Articles
The following list of family history conference syllabus materials are related to technology and were presented at various conferences by FamilySearch staff:
- Community Family Trees
- Digitizing the Records in the Granite Mountain
- FamilySearch Forums - Community Power to Get Answers to Your Research Questions
- Powerful Tips and Tricks for Searching Historical Documents in FamilySearch
- Solving Genealogical Problems Using FamilySearch and Its Affiliate Partners