|Tanzania Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Tanzania ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Country Information[edit | edit source]
Tanzania is a country in Africa bordered by the Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire), Burundi, Rwanda, Zambia, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, and Mozambique. Portions of the country were formerly governed by Portugal and Germany. The official languages are Swahili and English.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Getting Started with Tanzania Research
Links to articles on getting started with Tanzania research.
Tanzania Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Tanzania research.
Tanzania Map[edit | edit source]
Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
Genealogy records are kept on the region level in Tanzania. Tanzania is divided into 26 regions:
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
Religious Records =[edit | edit source]
- Endangered Archives: Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania in Moshi, Tanzania.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Tanzania," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanzania, accessed 20 April 2016.