Taney County, Missouri Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
Taney County Courthouse
132 David Street
Forsyth, Mo 65653-0156
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce, court and
land records; Probate Judge has probate records; County
Clerk has voter registration records from 1961
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Map toTaney County
Early migration routes to and from Taney County, Missouri Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- Fold3.com ($) has Civil War and other military records available online.
Civil War Battles
- Marriage licenses dating back to 1826 are available to be searched and viewed at http://records.jacksongov.org/search.asp?cabinet=marriage.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map I" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap1.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).