Taney County, Missouri Genealogy
Taney County; 132 David St; Forsyth, MO 65653-0156; Ph. 417.546.7200 Details: (Courthouse burned 1885) (Clk Cir Ct has m, div, ct & land rec; Pro Judge has pro rec; Co Clk has voter registration rec from 1961)
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
- See an interactive map of Taney County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Boone County, Arkansas
- Carroll County, Arkansas
- Marion County, Arkansas
For tips on accessing Taney County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Taney County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Taney County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).