Many counties took school censuses at various times between 1888 and 1932 (mostly 1895 to 1910). These list every person in the household. The Family History Library has copies of school censuses from 18 counties, such as:
* Monroe County Kentucky. Clerk of the County Court. School Census, 1893–1903. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1969. (Family History Library film 589661.) This school census lists the children’s name, age, sex, and parents’ names.
1819--Kentucky took a state census for Boone, Campbell, and Kenton Counties.
1795--Kentucky took a state census.
1787--Kentucky was enumerated with parts of Virginia and West Virginia.
- 1870-1936 (mostly 1895-1910) school censuses for many Kentucky counties. School censuses, where they exist, may only be available at local boards of education. A few are at the Kentucky State Archives, Kentucky Historical Society, or Family History Library.
- Ann S. Lainhart, State Census Records (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992)[[FHL book 973 X2Lai]], 47.
- James F. Sutherland, Early Kentucky householders, 1787-1811 (Baltimore : Genealogical Pub., 1986) [FHL Book 976.9625 R4s].
- Garrett Glenn Clift, Second census of Kentucky : a privately compiled and published enumeration of tax payers appearing in the 79 manuscript volumes extant of tax lists of the 42 counties of Kentucky in existance in 1800 (1954; reprint, Baltimore, Genealogical Pub., 1966) [FHL Book 976.9 X2p 1800; Film 390838].
- T.L.C. Genealogy, The 1795 census of Kentucky (Miami Beach, Florida: TLC Genealogy, c1991) [FHL Book 976.9 R48t].
- Charles B. Heinemann, First census of Kentucky, 1790 (1940; reprint, Baltimore, Maryland : Genealogical Pub., 1965) [FHL Book 976.9 X2ph 1790; Film 1440537 Item 17].
- Netti Schreiner-Yantis, and Florene Speakman Love, The 1787 census of Virginia : an accounting of the name of every white male tithable over 21 years, the number of white males between 16 and 21 years, the number of slaves over 16 and those under 16 years, together with a listing of their horses, cattle and carriages, and also the names of all persons to whom ordinary licenses and physician's licenses were issued, 2 vols. (Springfield, Virginia : Genealogical Books in Print, c1987) [FHL Book 975.5 R4sn].