Talbot County, Maryland Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Talbot County Courthouse
11 North Washington Street
Easton, Maryland 21601
- Named for Grace (Calvert), Lady Talbot, the wife of Sir Robert Talbot 2nd Baron of Carlton, Kildare, and daughter of George Calvert 1st Baron Baltimore.
- Created 19 February 1661 from Kent County.
- Queen Anne's County was set off 9 April 1706
Transcriptions of various cemeteries in Talbot County can be found at the following websites:
The Political Graveyard is a great resource for Politicians that were born, lived and died in Talbot County.
- Tombstone inscriptions and map of graves at Wye House, Talbot County, Maryland  Tombstone inscriptions and map of graves at Wye House, Talbot County, Maryland
- Tombstones of Talbot County 
For more information about Cemeteries in Maryland please refer to the Maryland Cemeteries page.
Federal Census reports available 1790-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Talbot County.
- The Talbot County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Talbot County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Talbot County. (Backup site)
- Tombstone inscriptions and map of graves at Wye House, Talbot County, Maryland; Bushey, Marjorie Lloyd Merrick, 1897- index of the Maryland Genealogical Records Committee Reports, (GRC), NSDAR Library, Series 1, vol. 144. - Family History Library FHL US/CAN Film 859279 Item 2
- Tombstones of Talbot County. 4 vols. 1989-1993. Available from the Upper Shore Genealogical Society. LIB 2-4-2 4 vols. 1989-1993. Available from the Upper Shore (Maryland) Genealogical Society. LIB 2-4-2