Susanville California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Located inside the Susanville LDS Church, our center's services are free and open to the public. We invite all who are interested in family history to visit our center. Our friendly staff of volunteers can show you how to find your "roots."
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
The Susanville California Family History Center is located at 905 Richmond Road across the street from Diamond View Middle School. (Please note that this is not a mailing address.) The entrance is through the northwest doors at the front of the church building. Ring the buzzer and someone will let you in.
Map directions: Susanville California Family History Center.
Phone: (530) 257-4411 (Call during FamilySearch Center open hours)
Open Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am to 4 pm, and Tuesday evenings from 6 to 8 pm.
Holiday Schedule: Closed the week of Thanksgiving and the last two weeks of December.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. Film and fiche can be ordered online at www.familysearch.org/films. The films will be sent to our center and can be viewed during open hours.
- The Susanville Family History Center has a collection of microfilms and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. We have many of the California Censuses on microfilm. We have Lassen County resources on microfilm including censuses, cemeteries, and probate records. We also have a collection of reference books and family and local histories.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have three computers, a printer, two microfilm readers, and a microfiche reader available for use.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) ----Adding details to a FHC page article.