Surrey British Columbia Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 6270 126th Street Surrey BC south side of building. There is a buzzer just to the left of the main doors to be buzzed.
- Parking is free for our patrons.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10:00am to 9pm
- 3rd and 4th Wednesday: close at 6pm for training.
Holiday Schedule: Closed for all of July and August and midway December for winter break. Please call our centre to get up to date closures.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events and Class Schedule
4. 16th Annual Finding Your Roots Genealogical Seminar
Satruday October 15th from 8am-4pm. Register online http://www.findingyourroots.ca This a free seminar with classes for the beginner as well as those more experienced.
Staff Training Meetings
4th Wednesday of each month. This is ongoing training to help us keep current with all the technologies that are coming out every day. This training helps us do our work better and that is to assist all of our patrons with their genealogical needs. The centre closes at 6pm on these nights to help us faciliate the training of the consultants.
- Family History Library Catalog: You can order your films online and have the items sent to our Family Search Center to view.
- We have over 1500 films, thousands of books and fiche all dealing with research from all parts of the world.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Just to name a few of these premium sites are Find My Past, World Vital Records, The Genealogist, Ancestry,com
- We also have other database programs for information storing of your genealogical work such as PAF (Personal Ancestral File), Legacy, Roots Magic, and Ancestral Quest to name a few. We have the deluxe paid version at our centre but they are free of charge for our patrons.
Hardware and Equipment
Our centre is proud to have 9 computers, 5 printers, 4 fiche readers, 6 film readers, 1 digital film/fiche reader and a multi functional digital copier/scanner/printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Director: Sally Haysom
Associate Director: Jeannie Vance
Patron Services Coordinator: Delva Priest
Technical Coordinator: David Harvey
Training Coordinator: Jocelyn Sipple
Scheduling Coordinator: Barbara McMullin
Associate Administrator: Lyn McGonigal
Associate Administrator: Jacquie Jarvis
Film Orders Coordinator: Linda Swan