Surrey British Columbia Family History Centre
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your centre here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 6270 126th Street Surrey BC south side of building. There is a buzzer just to the left of the main doors to be buzzed.
- Parking is free for our patrons.
Open Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00am to 9pm except for the 3rd and 4th Wednesday when we close at 6pm for training.
Holiday Schedule: Closed for all of July and August and midway December for winter break. Please call our centre to get up to date closures.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events and Class Schedule
1.Searching for your Scottish Ancestors Wednesday April 20th <u
Beginners from 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Advanced from 7:30-9:00p,
2. Ontario Research Wednesday May 18th
3, English Family History Research Wednesday June 15th
4. 16th Annual Finding Your Roots Genealogical Seminar
Satruday October 15th from 8am-4pm
Staff Training Meetings
4th Wednesday of each month. This is ongoing training to help us keep current with all the technologies that are coming out every day. This training helps us do our work better and that is to assist all of our patrons with their genealogical needs. The centre closes at 6pm on these nights to help us faciliate the training of the consultants.
- Family History Library Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have over 1500 films, thousands of books and fiche all dealing with research from all parts of the world.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Just to name a few of these premium sites are Find My Past, World Vital Records, The Geneologist, Ancestry,com,
- We also have other detabase programs for information storing of your genealogical work such as PAF (Personal Ancestral File), Legacy, Roots Magic, and Family Tree Maker to name a few. We have the deluxe paid version at our centre but they are free of charge for our patrons.
Hardware and Equipment
Our centre is proud to have 9 computers, 5 printers, 5 fiche readers, 6 film readers, 1 digital film/fiche reader and a multi functional digital copier/scanner/printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Director: Sally Haysom
Associate Director: Jeannie Vance
Patron Services Coordinator: Delva Priest
Technical Coordinator: David Harvey
Training Coordinator: Jocelyn Sipple
Scheduling Coordinator: Barbara McMullin
Associate Administrator: Jolene Lee
Associate Administrator: Jacquie Jarvis
Film Orders Coordinator: Linda Swan
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)