Surrey British Columbia Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Centre Services
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 6270 126th Street Surrey BC south side of building. There is a buzzer just to the left of the main doors to be buzzed.
- Parking is free for our patrons.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am to 9pm
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 6 :00 pm
- June 21st through September 2nd we will be opening Wednesdays from 2 pm to 8 pm only.
- In December we are closed December 13th through January 6th for Christmas break.
- Please call our centre to get up to date closures..
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events and Class Schedule
2013 Patron Seminars at the Surrey Family History Center located at 6270 - 126 St, Surrey, BC, Canada
Finding Your Roots Seminar - at the Surrey Family History Center and open to the public at no cost.
October 19th, 2013 - 8:30 am - 4 pm
Over 35 classes offered. Details will be posted August 2013.
Heidi Sugden will be presenting three classes as follows: France, Germany and the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Also, many of our excellent instructors from past years will be returning and we have several new instructors as well.
The seminar is open to the public and pre-registration will be available the first week of September at www.findingyourroots.ca.
- Family History Library Catalog: You can order your films online and have the items sent to our Family Search Centre to view.
- Over 1500 films, thousands of books and fiche all dealing with research from all parts of the world.
- Up to date film indexes for Ontario.
- An Extended films database of all the extended films in our center. It is organized by country for easy searching.
- A Book File listing all books held by this center is available for search at the Centre.
- A new films and new books listing of materials added to the center is available for search at the Centre.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Just to name a few of these premium sites are Find My Past, World Vital Records, The Genealogist, Ancestry,com
- We also have other database programs for information storing of your genealogical work such as PAF (Personal Ancestral File), Legacy, Roots Magic, and Ancestral Quest to name a few. We have the deluxe paid versions at our centre. You may download the basic free version for use at home.
Hardware and Equipment
Our centre has 9 computers, 4 printers, 4 fiche readers, 6 film readers, 1 digital film/fiche reader and a multi functional digital copier/scanner/printer. We recently added two computers with Windows 7 to replace old computers.
Group Visits - youth groups, adult groups, etc.
-email email@example.com or callthe centre 604-597-9695, or 604-536-7571 for information on booking, what kinds of instruction are available, etc.
Staff Research Specialties
Director: Jeannie Vance
Patron Services Coordinator: Delva Priest
Technical Coordinator:John Harvey
Training Coordinator: Jocelyn Sippel
Scheduling Coordinator: Barbara McMullin
Associate Administrator: Lyn McGonigal
Associate Administrator: Jacquie Jarvis
Film Orders Coordinator: TBA - Jeannie Vance covering for now