Surrey British Columbia Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Centre Services
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 6270 126th Street Surrey BC south side of building. There is a buzzer just to the left of the main doors to be buzzed.
- Parking is free for our patrons.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am to 9pm
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 6 :00 pm
- June 21st through September 2nd we will be opening Wednesdays from 2 pm to 8 pm only.
- In December we are closed December 13th through January 6th for Christmas break.
- Please call our centre to get up to date closures..
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events and Class Schedule
2013 Patron Seminars at the Surrey Family History Center located at 6270 - 126 St, Surrey, BC, Canada
Patron Seminar - Family Search as a Research Tool -
May 15th 2013 7 pm to 9 pm.
Open to the public.
Learn how to use all the features of the Family search website to enhance your research - -learn how to use search engines, Wiki & the online courses to find out what resources, and records are available to find your ancestors. Family Search has changed so come learn how to use the updated site.
Sign up at the Family History Center—604-597-9695 or email: email@example.com. to pre-register. Drop ins are welcome but pre-registration is preferred.
Finding Your Roots Seminar - at the Surrey Family History Center
October 19th, 2013 - 8:30 am - 4 pm Over 35 classes offered. Details will be posted August 2013.
- Family History Library Catalog: You can order your films online and have the items sent to our Family Search Center to view.
- We have over 1500 films, thousands of books and fiche all dealing with research from all parts of the world.
- We have up to date film indexes for Ontario.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Just to name a few of these premium sites are Find My Past, World Vital Records, The Genealogist, Ancestry,com
- We also have other database programs for information storing of your genealogical work such as PAF (Personal Ancestral File), Legacy, Roots Magic, and Ancestral Quest to name a few. We have the deluxe paid version at our centre but they are free of charge for our patrons.
Hardware and Equipment
Our centre has computers, 4 printers, 4 fiche readers, 6 film readers, 1 digital film/fiche reader and a multi functional digital copier/scanner/printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Director: Jeannie Vance
Patron Services Coordinator: Delva Priest
Training Coordinator: Jocelyn Sippel
Scheduling Coordinator: Barbara McMullin
Associate Administrator: Lyn McGonigal
Associate Administrator: Jacquie Jarvis
Film Orders Coordinator: Linda Swan