Sunderland St John, Durham Genealogy
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Sunderland St John Parish was created in 1875 from Sunderland Holy Trinity parish.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
The Parish Registers for the period 1875-1965 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL (EP/SU/SJ)
The following records for churches in the ancient parish of Sunderland are also available at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL:-
- Deptford 1845-1948 (EP/Su.SA & EP/BiW).
- Grangetown 1907-1981 (EP/Gra).
- Hendon, St. Ignatius 1889-1968 (EP/SuSIg).
- Hendon, St. Paul 1852-1969 (EP/Su.SPa).
- Middle Hendon 1876-1967 (EP/Su.SB).
- Pallion, St. Luke 1869-1975 (EP/Pa)