Sullivan, Hancock County, Maine Genealogy
Sullivan, also known as Waukeag, also known as New Bristol, was first organized as Number 2 East of Union River Plantation Livermore Survey (T2 EUR LS) which existed as a plantation prior to 1789 when it was incorporated as the Town of Sullivan; part of Sullivan's land was set off to form Hancock in 1828; part set off to form Sorrento in 1895; and part of T7 SD was annexed in 1899.  
County boundary changes: Lincoln County set off land to form Hancock County in 1789.
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 72 (digital p. 81). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- Number Two East of the Union River in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of Maine Archive Interactive (accessed 19 November 2013).
- Sullivan, Hancock County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 19 November 2013).
Adjacent towns: Hancock Co.: ?