Sublette County, Wyoming Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:07, 8 May 2012 by Murphynw (stubdrop, breadcrumb upgrade)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Big Sandy||Calpet||Daniel Junction||Merna|
Early migration routes to and from Sublette County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- South Pass
- Green River
- Oregon Trail 1830s to 1890s from western Missouri to Oregon City, Oregon
- Sublette-Greenwood_Cutoff 1844 from South Pass, Wyoming to Fort Hall, Idaho
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Mormon Trail 1846 to 1869 from Nauvoo, Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Big Piney Wyoming Family History Center
- Pinedale Wyoming Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map IV" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap4.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).