Sublette County, Wyoming Genealogy
Guide to Sublette County Wyoming genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Sublette County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||February 15, 1921|
|Address|| Sublette County Courthouse|
21 S Tyler Avenue
Pinedale, WY 82941
Sublette County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Census
- 2.4 Church Records
- 2.5 Court Records
- 2.6 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.7 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.8 Genealogy
- 2.9 History
- 2.10 Land and Property
- 2.11 Maps
- 2.12 Migration
- 2.13 Military
- 2.14 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.15 Newspapers
- 2.16 Obituaries
- 2.17 Probate
- 2.18 Public Records
- 2.19 Repositories
- 2.20 Taxation
- 2.21 Vital Records
- 2.22 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 15 February 1921 from Fremont and Lincoln
- County seat: Pinedale 
- Neighboring Counties: Fremont | Lincoln | Sweetwater | Teton
For tips on accessing Sublette County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Sublette County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- South Pass
- Green River
- Oregon Trail 1830s to 1890s from western Missouri to Oregon City, Oregon
- Sublette-Greenwood_Cutoff 1844 from South Pass, Wyoming to Fort Hall, Idaho
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Mormon Trail 1846 to 1869 from Nauvoo, Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah
Naturalization and Citizenship
County Clerk has marriage records from 1923 and land records from 1910.
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate, and court records from 1923.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
|Big Sandy||Calpet||Daniel Junction||Merna|
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map IV" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap4.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 767. Sheridan County, Wyoming