Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Museums
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Ste Genevieve County Courthouse
55 S 3rd Street
St Louis, Mo 63103
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1892
Circuit Clerk Recorder has marriage, divorce, court and
land records, Circuit Court Judge has probate records
Ste. Genevieve County predates the state of Missouri which was admitted to the union in 1821. Ste. Genevieve was one of the five original districts of the Louisiana Territory from 1805-1812 and one of the five original counties of the Missouri Territory from 1812 to 1821.
1812--Ste. Genevieve County was created 1 October 1812 as an original county.
County seat: Ste. Genevieve. 
- See an interactive map of Ste. Genevieve County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
Archives and Libraries
For tips on accessing Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Ste. Genevieve County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Ste. Genevieve County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Museums
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).