St Peter Cornhill, London Genealogy
St Peter Cornhill, the church of, is situated near the southeast corner of COrnhill, and is of very ancient foundation,...in 1208... The old church was destroyed by the fire of London, and the present substantial edifice erected in its stead by Sir Christopher Wren. This church is a rectory, the patronage of which was anciently in the family of the Nevils...After passing through several hands, it was conveyed in 1411 by Richard Whittington, and others, to the Lord Mayor and Commonalty of the city of London, in whom the advowson still continues. It is in the city, diocese and archdeaconry of London...
- Overall, William Henry. The Accounts of the Churchwardens of the Parish of St. Michael, Cornhill, in the City of London, from 1456 to 1608. With Miscellaneous Memoranda Contained in the Great Book of Accounts, and Extracts from the Proceedings of the Vestry, from 1563 to 1607. Digital version at Google Books.
- 1541 London Subsidy Roll, Bishopsgate Ward - The Parisshe of Saynt Peter, courtesy: British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll - St Peters in Cornehill Parishe, courtesy: British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Cornhill Ward - St Peters Paroche in Cornehill, courtesy: British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Cornhill Ward - St Peters Paroche, courtesy: British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Lime Street Ward - St Peters and St Andrewes Paroches, courtesy: British History Online
1638 Inhabitants List
- London Family History Centre Catalogue
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London St Peter Cornhill')
- James Elmes, M.R. I. A., Architect, A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Envirions (London: Whittaker, Treacher and Arnot, 1831). Adapted. Digital version: Google Books.