St George Utah Green Valley Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 The 2012 class schedule is as follows:
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 82 North Dixie Drive, St George, UT 84770
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Location on Map
- Monday - Closed for staff training
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Friday - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday - 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Sunday - 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: The St George Green Valley Family History Center will be closed on the following holidays:
- May 25 - 28, 2012 - Memorial Day
- July 1 - 25, 2012 - Summer Break.
- September 1 - 25, 2012 - Labor Day.
- October 4 - 9, 2012 - Conference.
- November 24 - 30, 2012 - Thanksgiving.
- December 12 - January 5, 2013 - Christmas Break.
Occasionally there are unanticipated closurers. We do try to keep this a rare event, but it is wise to give us a call before you come in. Our number is (435) 673-8603.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
We hold staff training on Mondays 10:00 am to 11:00 am. The class is repeated on Tusdays, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
The 2012 class schedule is as follows:
- April 23, 25 - Social Netowrking and FamilySearch
- April 30 and May 1 - FamilySearch Family Tree : Sourcing
- May 7 and May 8 - Indexing Party
- May 14 and May 15 - Finding Aids : FamilySearch Labs
- May 21 and May 22 - Tips on searching records
- May 28 and May 29 - Memorial Weekend there are NO classes
- June 4 and June 5 - FamilySearch Family Tree vs Trees
- June 11 and June 12 - FamilySearch Family Tree odds and ends
- June 18 and June 19 - Blogs and Podcasts
- June 25 and June 26 - Thinking outside the box : breaking brick wall tips
- July 1 through July 25 - Summer Break
- July 30 and July 31 - Wiki Tour
These classes are designed for our Staff. However, there is limited room If you would like to attend any of the classes. Please feel free to call the Center at (435) 673-8603. Space is limited but you will be welcomed if there is room.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)