St George Utah Green Valley Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 82 North Dixie Drive, St George, UT 84770
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Monday - Closed
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Friday - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday - 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Sunday - 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: The St George Green Valley Family History Center will be closed on the following holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
We hold staff training on Mondays 10:00 am to 11:00 am. The class is repeated on Tusdays, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Class schedule is as follows:
Monday, September 26th and Tuesday, September 27th Brother Hendry will present a class on Indexing.
Monday, October 3rd and Tuesday, October 4th there will not be class, the Center is closed for Conference.
Monday October 10th and Tuesday, October 11th, Brother Carlson will present a class on PAF.
Monday October 17th and Tuesday, October 18th, Sister Kellogg will teach a class on Roots Magic while Sister Carlson will present Ancestral Quest.
These classes are for our Staff. We also discuss any Center operations if needed. However, If you would like to attend any of the classes, please feel free to call the Center at (435) 673-8603. Space is limited but you will be welcomed if there is room.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)