St Catharines Ontario Family History Centre
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your centre here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
St Catharines Ontario Canada Family History Centre
351 Glenridge Avenue
St Catharines, Ontario L2T 3K6, Canada
- 351 Glenridge Avenue, between Glendale Avenue, down the hill from Brock University.
- Go to door near the satellite dish in the back and ring bell for admittance
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Tuesday 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.; Thursday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Holiday Schedule: closed August and 2 weeks at Christmas
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 computers, 5 film readers, 2 fiche readers, photocopier
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
St. Catharines City Hall Library, special collections has information for the Niagara area; also Mayholme may have information you could use
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)