St. Martin Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
|St. Martin Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||April 17, 1811|
|County Seat||St. Martinville|
|Address|| 400 S Main St|
St Martinville, LA 70582
St. Martin Parish; County Courthouse; PO Box 9; Saint Martinville, LA 70582; Ph. 337.332.4136 Details: (Par Clk has m, pro, ct & land rec)
- 1 History
- 2 Places / Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
- 1811--St. Martin Parish was created 17 April 1811 from Attakapas, (Discontinued 1811), Parish.
Parish seat: Saint Martinville 
See an interactive map of St. Martin Parish boundary changes. (map also shows parish boundaries for census years)
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|St. Martin Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Family History Library Catalog
- St. Martin Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- United States Census Bureau. "St. Martin Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22099.html. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.