St. James Goose Creek Parish, South Carolina
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:36, 17 February 2011 by Murphynw (website)
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders Christ Church, St. Andrew's, St. George, St. Johns Berkeley, St. Matthew's, St. Michael's, St. Philip's, St. Thomas & St. Denis parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
For a history of the parish, see Chapter 5, St. James' Parish, Goose-Creek, pages 244-263, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- Goose Creek Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- St. James, Goose Creek Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- St. James, Goose Creek Chapel of Ease / Bethlehem Baptist Church, The Historical Marker Database
- St. James, Goose Creek Chapel of Ease / Bethlehem Baptist Church, The Historical Marker Database, accessed 17 February 2011.
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.