St. Clair County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:54, 10 October 2011 by Sandralpond (adding FHC links)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1833--St. Clair County was created 16 January 1833 from Lafayette County. St. Clair lost land to Pettis County 26 January 1833 and attached to Rives County, until formally organized 29 January 1841. County seat: Osceola 
- See an interactive map of St. Clair County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Map of St. Clair County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including St. Clair County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).