Spalding County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:13, 5 April 2013 by Murphynw (IGI)
Guide to Spalding County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Spalding County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 20, 1851|
|Address|| Spalding County Courthouse]|
132 W Solomon Street
Griffin, GA 30223-3312
Spalding County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1852-1881 - Spalding County Marriage Index 1851-1881. Batch M713711 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1882-1893 - Spalding County Marriage Index 1882-1893. Batch M713712 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1885-1886 - Spalding County Marriage Index 1885-1886 (from newspapers) Georgia Pioneers
- 1891-1895 - Spalding County Marriage Index 1891-1895. Batch M713713 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Spalding County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Spalding County, Georgia. Page 159 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/53/Igigeorgiamz.pdf.