Spain, Diocese of Segovia, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
España, Diócesis de Segovia, Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica
This collection includes baptisms, marriages, burials and other ecclesiastical documents images of parish registers from the Segovia Catholic Diocese. Parishes in this diocese lie within the province of Segovia. The records were kept in the Palacio Episcopal de Segovia before 2010, and were then moved to their current location in the premises of the old seminary.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Iglesia Catolica. Spain, Segovia Catholic Diocese Church Records. Archivo Diocesano de Segovia.
Key genealogical facts found in most baptism records include:
- Date and place of the event
- Name of the person baptized
- Date of birth or age at the time of baptism
- Parents’ names, residence, and places of birth
- Names of paternal and maternal grandparents
- Name of godparents
Key genealogical facts found in most marriage records include:
- Date and place of the event
- Complete name of the bride and groom
- Civil statuses of the bride and groom (widowed, single, divorced) at the time of the event
- Residence or places of birth of the bride and groom
- Ages of the bride and groom at the time of the marriage
- Parents’ names and their places of birth
- Names of the witnesses
Key genealogical facts found in most burial records include:
- Date and place where the person died
- Name of the deceased
- Civil status of the deceased (single, married, widowed)
- Name of the spouse (if the deceased was married or a widow or widower)
- Residence or place of birth of the deceased
- Age at the time of death or date of birth
- Cause of death
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Estado/provincia/departamento" category
⇒ Select the "Ciudad o pueblo" category
⇒ Select the "Parroquia" category
⇒ Select the "Tipo de registro y años" category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
|This citation example isn't from this collection. You can help by replacing this example with a citation for a record found in this collection.|
“Argentina, Buenos Aires, Catholic Church Records, 1635-1981,” images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 28 February, 2012), La Plata > San Ponciano > Matrimonios 1884-1886 > image 71 of 389 images, Artemio Avendano and Clementina Peralta, 1884; citing Parroquia de San Ponciano en la Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Matrimonios. San Ponciano, La Plata, Buenos Aires.