Difference between revisions of "Spain, Province of Cádiz, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records"
(removed dead citation link)
m (moved Spain, Cádiz, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) to Spain, Province of Cádiz, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records): edit title)
Revision as of 12:53, 13 January 2014
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Province of Cádiz, Civil Registration, 1870-1960 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Contributions to This Article
- 9 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record[edit | edit source]
España, Cádiz, Registro Civil
Record Description[edit | edit source]
This Collection will include records from 1870 to 1960.
This collection includes civil registration records for the cities of Puerto Real and Jimena de la Frontera. The records include civil registration births, death certifications signed by doctors, and marriage files. The original records were housed in the Historical Provincial Archive of Cádiz, in Spain. The text of the records is in Spanish. Additional images will be published as they become available.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Record Content[edit | edit source]
Birth records usually contain the following information:
- Declarant's name, age, origin, and occupation
- Declarant's civil status, residence and relationship to child
- Name and gender of child
- Child' date and place of birth
- Parents' names and age
- Parents' civil status, occupation, origin and residence
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of godparents
- Names of witnesses
Marriage records usually contain the following information:
- Date and place of marriage
- Name and age of groom
- Groom's civil status and residence
- Names of groom's parents
- Name and age of bride
- Bride’s civil status and residence
- Names of bride's parents
Death records usually contain the following information:
- Date, time and place of death
- Name and age of deceased
- Origin and residence of deceased
- Cause of death
- Declarant's name, age, civil status and residence
- Relationship to deceased
- Burial information
How to Use the Record[edit | edit source]
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Province" category
⇒Select the “City or Municipality” category
⇒Select the "Parish" category
⇒Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Known Issues with This Collection[edit | edit source]
If you encounter problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Websites[edit | edit source]
Related Wiki Articles[edit | edit source]
- Spain Civil Registration - Vital Records
- Spain, Cádiz Province Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain, Cadiz Notary Public Wills (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain, Cadiz Passports (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections[edit | edit source]
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the “Show Citation” box. Spain, Province of Cádiz, Civil Registration, 1870-1960
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection[edit | edit source]
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Spain, Cádiz, Civil Registration Records, 1870-1960" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.