South Umpqua Oregon Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Family Discovery Day
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 871 NE Lillian St, Myrtle Creek, OR 97457 United States
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-1:00pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Family Discovery Day
Roseburg Oregon Family History Center
October 7, 2017 10am-1pm, 2001 Bertha Ave, Roseburg Oregon Stake
1. This will be a fun event for everyone (including folks with no tree, partial tree, or full tree)
2. This is a family event, bring everyone! Special activities for Primary & Nursery children
3. Come and learn about the newest apps that make Family History Fun, Easy, Shareable!
4. Not into Technology? We have fun classes for non-techies that you will just LOVE!
5. Need help getting started? We will have 1-on-1 help for those with no tree on FamilySearch!
6. Even if your genealogy has already been ALL done, come and we will show you how you can make your ancestors come alive for the next generation.
7. Come and share your ancestor stories and feel the spirit and get inspired.
Staff Training Meetings
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)