South Ogden, Utah
- 1 Quick Facts
- 2 City Hall
- 3 Resources
- 4 History
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
1850: LDS Church settlers settled the area, as Burch Creek
6 July 1936: Incorporated as South Ogden.
South Ogden City Hall
3950 S. Adams Ave
South Ogden, UT 84403
Biography & Genealogies
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers
- Early Latter Day Saints - An Mormon Trail Pioneer Database
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah: comprised of photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the LDS Church 
- Records of various missions 
- Sons of Utah Pioneers Stories
- Weber County DUP Biographies
Burials are usually in Ogden and nearby area cemeteries for the early years.
Lindquist's Memorial Gardens of the Wasatch
1718 Combe Road
South Ogden, Utah 84403
Phone: (801) 479-7000
Church History and Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Burch Creek
- Ogden Standard Examiner Archives is available at Ancestry.com $ The data base is searchable from 1920 to 1977.
- Utah Digital Newspapers for the Ogden Standard 1879 - 1927
Societies, Museums and Libraries
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- Stewart Library ~ Weber State University
3750 Harrison Blvd.
- Weber County Library
2464 Jefferson Ave.
Ogden, UT 84401-2404
fax: (801) 337-2615
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates.
- Utah Death Certificates 1904 - 1956 -A free internet access to the 1904-1956 death certificates can be viewed on the Family Search Historical Records. Utah requires a death certificate before a burial is completed. A death certificate may contain information as to the name of the deceased, date of death, and place of death, as well as the age, birthdate, parents, gender, marital status, spouse and place of residence. For information on death prior to 1904 you can search the Utah State Burial Index.
- Ancestry.com $ Utah Death Index 1905-1951 Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Social Security Death Index, begins about 1962.
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in South Ogden. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
- "FHLC Book 979.2 D3e" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Western Epics, 1966).
Vol. 1 part 1 (Family History Archives)
Vol. 1 part 2 (Family History Archives)
- Northrop, Joseph M.; Records of various missions Film: FHL 944282 Item 5
- by Ida D. Draayer South Ogden City, Utah, history, 1848-1984 WorldCat 16789980}(FHL 392703