South Elmham All Saints, Suffolk Genealogy
|South Elmham All Saints, Suffolk|
|Poor Law Union||Wangford|
|Parish registers: 1708|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Rural Deanery||South Elmham|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
ELMHAM, SOUTH (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Wangford, E. division of Suffolk, 5 miles (N. W.) from Halesworth. This parish rectory, was annexed with that of St Nicholas Parish.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at Family History Centres. Refer to and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
South Elmham was in Wangford district. To search an index of Wangford district records go to FreeBMD. The Suffolk Civil Registration article provides more details about these records. Civil Registration began in 1837.
South Elmham All Saints, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|South Elmham All Saints, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FamilySearch Catalog. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FamilySearch Catalogue.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 161-164. Adapted. Date accessed: 27 March 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Suffolk Baptism Index 1538-1911', Find My Past, accessed 5 January 2016. Described ambiguously as 'South Elmham.'
- 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.