South Davis Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 2.1 Upcoming Events
- 2.2 October 2011
- 2.3 Class Schedule
- 2.4 Wednesdays 6:00 p.m.October 5 - November 16thLegacy Family Tree Classes With Instructor Leonard PlaizierOctober 5Digital Pictures For Genealogy With Legacy Family Tree, Pictures AndDocument Images In Reports, Picture Center, Slide Shows, ScrapbooksOctober 12Searching And Reporting Using Legacy Family Tree Query By Example,Detailed Searching, Basics Reports, Customized List Reports, Publishing CenterOctober 19New Familysearch Made Easy With Legacy Family Tree. Matching, Combining, Sharing,Temple Ordinance, Tasks And Progress MonitoringOctober 26Find And Plan Using Legacy Family Tree’s Research Guidance, Time-Lines, Chronology And To Do List.November 2Cite Your Sources Easily And Correctly With Legacy Family Tree Source Writer And Source Clipboard.Find Out What Information Is Missing Sources.November 9Using Legacy Family Tree To Find Duplicate People, Merge Them Together,View Two Databases With Split Screen.November 16See How Two People Are Connected With Legacy Family Tree RelationshipCalculator And Chart. Fix Parental Relationship Problems, Add Another Set Of Parents.Thursdays 6:00 p.m.October 6-November 17New Familysearch Training Classes With Instructor Kathy PalmerOctober 6Introduction To New Familysearch And The Help CenterOctober 13Adding, Editing And Submitting NamesOctober 20Combining And Separating RecordsOctober 27Submitting Names For Temple Work And Tips And TricksNovember 3Beginning Online Searching A. How To Search B. Records AvailableNovember 10Ancestry.Com... Records Available...Uploading Your Pedigree...Searching For Records...Family TreesNovember 17Additional Databases: Heritage Quest...World Vital Records...Footnote.ComTheTuesday:
- 2.5 Staff Training Meetings
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
- 7.1 Come and join us in the South Davis Family History Center as a Volunteer!! We will train you in the best ways to search out your own ancestors as well as teaching you how to help others. This is a great place to be for anyone interested in learning more about Family History. The best people in the world vounteer at Family history centers!! Come and be a part of it. We train you and you receive the blessings!!
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 3350 South 100 East, Bountiful, Utah 84010
- Location on Map
- FHC patrons are invited to email with any suggestions, comments, and questions.
Open Hours: The South Davis Family History Center is open
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday- Thursday: 7:00p.m.- 9:00p.m.
- Other times by appointment, please call.
Access: The Family History Center is fully accessible by elevator. When you arrive, park in the handicap stall (near the Center entrance). Then, please call the Center (801-299-4239) so that a staff member can come and help you access the building and the elevator.
Holiday Schedule: The SDFHC will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Years - January 2
- Martin Luther King Day - January 16
- Valentine's Day - EVENING ONLY
- President's Day - February 17 & 20
- Teacher Prep Day - March 19
- Spring Break - April 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Memorial Day - May 28
- Independence Day - July 4
- Pioneer Day - July 24
- Labor Day - September 3
- Thanksgiving - November 21, 22, 23
- Christmas - December 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, Jan. 1
Calendar and Events
Wednesdays 6:00 p.m.
October 5 - November 16th
Legacy Family Tree Classes With Instructor Leonard Plaizier
Digital Pictures For Genealogy With Legacy Family Tree, Pictures And
Document Images In Reports, Picture Center, Slide Shows, Scrapbooks
Searching And Reporting Using Legacy Family Tree Query By Example,
Detailed Searching, Basics Reports, Customized List Reports, Publishing Center
New Familysearch Made Easy With Legacy Family Tree. Matching, Combining, Sharing,
Temple Ordinance, Tasks And Progress Monitoring
Find And Plan Using Legacy Family Tree’s Research Guidance, Time-Lines, Chronology And To Do List.
Cite Your Sources Easily And Correctly With Legacy Family Tree Source Writer And Source Clipboard.
Find Out What Information Is Missing Sources.
Using Legacy Family Tree To Find Duplicate People, Merge Them Together,
View Two Databases With Split Screen.
See How Two People Are Connected With Legacy Family Tree Relationship
Calculator And Chart. Fix Parental Relationship Problems, Add Another Set Of Parents.
Thursdays 6:00 p.m.
October 6-November 17
New Familysearch Training Classes With Instructor Kathy Palmer
Introduction To New Familysearch And The Help Center
Adding, Editing And Submitting Names
Combining And Separating Records
Submitting Names For Temple Work And Tips And Tricks
Beginning Online Searching A. How To Search B. Records Available
Ancestry.Com... Records Available...Uploading Your Pedigree...Searching For Records...Family Trees
Additional Databases: Heritage Quest...World Vital Records...Footnote.Com
Staff Training Meetings
Saturday, November 12th 9am until 10:30am, at the SDFHC. All staff, consultants, and Priesthood leaders associatied with Family History and the center are invited to attend.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- 20 Computers with Internet access
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers, microfilm/fiche reader and scanner,
- 5 printers