Somerleyton, Suffolk Genealogy
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
SOMERLEYTON (St. Mary), an ancient parish, in the diocese of Norwich, in the incorporation and hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 5 miles (N. W. by N.) from Lowestoft.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
Somerleyton, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Somerleyton, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1558-1905||Undefined||1558-1811, 1837-1901||Undefined||1558-1811|
Images of the parish registers are available on FamilySearch Historical Records.
[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
- For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Mutford/Mutford.shtml
Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 133-139. Date accessed: 08 October 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Suffolk Baptism Index 1538-1911', Find My Past, accessed 5 January 2016.
- 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 15 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.