Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Places / Localities
Purdy & Walters at Floral Hills; 409 Filbert Road; Lynnwood, WA 98036-4934; USA; Phone No: (425) 672-1800
Purdy and Walters at Floral Hills Cemetery is part of the Dignity Memorial® national network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Some obituaries are online at Making Everlasting Memories for those who paid for the service. Other than that, you should contact the cemetery directly for any inquiries.
- 1890 Veterans
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Some military records for this county have been digitized at the Washington State Digital Archives.
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
- Arlington Times - full-text digital issues in Google News Archive; covers 1945-2009
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).