Difference between revisions of "Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy"
|Line 185:||Line 185:|
==== Vital Records ====
==== Vital Records ====
===== Birth =====
===== Birth =====
Revision as of 01:40, 24 July 2013
Guide to Snohomish County Washington genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Snohomish County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||January 14, 1861|
|Address|| Snohomish County Courthouse|
3000 Rockefeller Ave MS 605
Everett, WA 98201-4046
Snohomish County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Cemeteries
- 2.4 Census
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Directories
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Migration
- 2.16 Military
- 2.17 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.18 Newspapers
- 2.19 Obituaries
- 2.20 Periodicals
- 2.21 Probate
- 2.22 Public Records
- 2.23 Repositories
- 2.24 Taxation
- 2.25 Vital Records
- 2.26 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 Snohomish County Washington Genealogy References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 14 January 1861 from Island
- County seat: Everett 
- Neighboring Counties: Chelan | Island | King | Kitsap | Skagit
The types of records that follow are used for genealogy and family history. Most tell what you may learn and how to locate the records. Links to Internet sites usually go directly to Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy entries with names, images, or information.
|Don't overlook Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Archives and Libraries.|
Purdy & Walters at Floral Hills; 409 Filbert Road; Lynnwood, WA 98036-4934; USA; Phone No: (425) 672-1800
Purdy and Walters at Floral Hills Cemetery is part of the Dignity Memorial® national network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Some obituaries are online at Making Everlasting Memories for those who paid for the service. Other than that, you should contact the cemetery directly for any inquiries.
- 1890 Veterans
The information church records provide depends upon the church practices and the record keepers. Records may include names, ages, and dates of events such as baptism, marriage, or burial. See Washington Church Records.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Records of the Lutheran Church, Snohomish County, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Swans Trail Lutheran Church, Everett
- Records of Swans Trail Lutheran Church, Everett, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
World War II Files, 1942-1946
Public Welfare/Social Security Department, (Japanese Internment) Assistance Cases, Evacuee Referrals for Resettlement and Assistance, 1945-1946 from the Washington State Archives – Digital Archives
Local histories for Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy may include biographies, history of churches, schools, local government with names of officials, military information, and more. See Washington Local Histories.
Land and Property
|Yes or Maybe ⇒||Y||M|
|Land Description and Dates||]]|
Land records (especially deeds) may give the name of a spouse, heirs, and witnesses, who may be relatives or in-laws.
Some military records for this county have been digitized at the Washington State Digital Archives.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
Finding More Washington Newspapers
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
- Arlington Times - full-text digital issues in Google News Archive; covers 1945-2009
Probate records identify heirs of the decedents, give the (approximate) death dates, and provide specifics about property holdings. The records were kept by the county judge.
These include wills, inheritance records, dockets, and other documents regarding property and estates of individuals who have died. See also Court Records for civil actions involving estates. Also see Washington Probate Records.
Snohomish County Courthouse,
3000 Rockefeller Ave MS 605;
Everett, Washington 98201-4046;
County Auditor has birth and death records1891-1907
and marriage records from 1891.
County clerk has divorce, probate records and court records. 
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Everett Washington Family History Center
- Snohomish Washington Family History Center
Washington tax records complement land records and can supplement the years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years in the tax records of some counties. For more information, see the wiki page Washington Taxation.
See also How to order Washington Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail. See Washington Vital Records for details and history of the records. .
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Snohomish County Washington Genealogy References
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Spokane County, Washington page 734, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.