Slovenia, Ljubljana, Funeral Accounts - FamilySearch Historical Records(Redirected from Slovenia, Ljubljana, Funeral Accounts (FamilySearch Historical Records))
|Access the Records|
Slovenia, Ljubljana, Funeral Accounts, 1937-1970
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Slovenia|
|Location of Ljubljana, Slovenia|
|Title in the Language:||Slovenija, Ljubljana, Pogreb Razreda|
What is in This Collection?Edit
This Collection will include records from 1937 to 1970.
The collections consists of sheets recording the date and place of death and burial, as well as the cost of the burial in Ljubljana, the capitol of Slovenia. The birth date and place are also reported. The collection includes an index covering the years between 1915-1936, during which time certificates were not acquired.
For a list of records by event and date currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Reading These RecordsEdit
These records are in Slovenian. For help reading these records see the following guides:
To Browse This CollectionEdit
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Slovenia, Ljubljana, Funeral Accounts, 1937-1970.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?Edit
Slovenia Funeral Accountancy records usually contain the following information:
- Death date
- Death place
- Burial date
- Burial place
- Burial cost
- Birth date
- Birth place
How Do I Search This Collection?Edit
Search the IndexEditSearch by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the ImagesEdit
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Record Type
- Select Year
- Select Certificate Number to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Slovenia, Ljubljana, Funeral Accounts, 1937-1970. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?Edit
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?Edit
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors. Add this new information to your records of each family. For example:
- Use the birth information to find or verify their birth records and parents' names
- Use the residence and names of the parents (if the deceased is a child) to locate other records such as civil registrations and church records
- Search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have died or been buried in the same place or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family or even the second marriage of a parent. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify
If you are unable to find the ancestors you are looking for, check for variant spellings of the surnames.
Keep in mind:
- The information in these records is usually reliable, but depends upon the reliability of the informant
- Earlier records may not contain as much information as the records created after the late 1800s
- There is also some variation in the information given from one record to another record
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Slovenia.
Citing This CollectionEdit
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?Edit
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.