Slovakia, Census, 1869 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Slovakia Census, 1869
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Slovak Republic|
|Record Type:||Census Records|
|Title in the Language:||Slovensko sčítanie ľudu, 1869|
|Bytča, Banská Bystrica, and Nitra Regional Archives|
- 1 What Is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What Is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains images of census records from the year 1869. The original records are held in the regional archives of Bytča, Banská Bystrica, and Nitra.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in Hungarian and German. For help reading these records see the following guides:
Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Slovakia Census, 1869.|
What Can These Records Tell Me[edit | edit source]
Census Records usually include:
- Members of household
- Year and place of birth
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching, it is best to know the following information:
- Name of the person
- Place of residence
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select County
- Select Municipality to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Slovakia Census, 1869. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
- Search the records of nearby locations
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Slovakia.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.