Sequoyah County, Oklahoma Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1907--Sequoyah County was created 16 July 1907 from Cherokee Indian Lands.
County seat: Sallisaw 
Akins, Aqua Park, Baldridge, Black Gum, Blackjack, Box, Brushy, Copic Slab, Cottonwood, Foreman, Gans, Gore, Gore Landing, Hanson, Harrison, Liberty, Lone Oak, Long, Maple, Marble City, McKey, Moffett, Muldrow, Nicut, Notichtown, Paradise Hill, Paw Paw, Pinhook Corners, Redland, Reeder Ford, Remy, Roland, Sadie, Sallisaw, Seven Oaks, Shady Grove, Short, Vian, West Fort Smith
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Sequoyah County Genealogical Resources
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).