Scurry County, Texas Genealogy
Guide to Scurry County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Scurry County Courthouse
1806 25th Street Ste 300
Snyder, TX 79549
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903,
marriage, land and probate records from 1884, court
records from 1909 and military records from 1918;
District Clerk has divorce records
1876--Scurry County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Snyder. The county was named for Confederate general William Read Scurry. 
Places / Localities
- Snyder - County Seat
- Arah - historical
- Camp Springs
- China Grove
- Pyron - historical
- Wheat - historical
- Scurry County Cemetery listings Scurry County TXGenWeb site.
- Cemeteries of Texas, Scurry County page
- Find-a-grave listings for Scurry County
- Bell-Cypert-Seale Funeral Home - 3101 College Ave. Snyder, Texas 79549; (325) 573-5454
- Wright Colonial Funeral Home - 208 37th St. Snyder, Texas 79549; (325) 573-6200
- Hillside Memorial Gardens - Colorado City Highway Snyder, Texas 79549; (325) 573-5251
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- Scurry County TXGenWeb
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Scurry County, Texas. Page 673 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).