Scott County, Minnesota Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:53, 23 February 2012 by Dcragun (regiment page)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1853--Scott County was created 5 March 1853 from Dakota County. County seat: Shakopee 
- For a brief history of Scott County's name, click here, then select Scott County.
Civil War service men from Scott County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Scott County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A, C, and F.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company L.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company C.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).