Schuyler County, Illinois Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:13, 26 April 2011 by Dcragun (regiment)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1825--Schuyler County was created 13 January 1825 from Pike and Fulton Counties. County seat: Rushville 
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in SchuylerCounty and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- Schuyler Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Schuyler County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Schuyler County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
|IL Counties 1900-1990|
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Schuyler County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Schuyler County.
- - 62nd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company I.
- - 73rd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company G.
- - 76th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company A.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).