São Paulo, Brazil Genealogy
Sao Paulo State and city both have large numbers of cemeteries given the significant population of both. Most have never been transcribed yet although some are listed at major cemetery transcription database sites such as Findagrave or Interment.net. Interment.net has a page for Brazil and some subpages for some of the states. It is also possible some data exists on Findagrave.com and also some on some Brazil-based genealogy sites, most of which may be written only in Portuguese.
Some have been identified and had pages posted at BillionGraves as well, each one has a Google map showing location, and once those who may use the BillionGraves site take photos of any headstones and upload them, others will transcribe them and the data will be available from those headstones.
- Cemitério Municipal da Vila Formosa, São Paulo (City) This is the largest cemetery in Latin America, presently it has 1.5 million burials beginning in 1949, and nearly 300 more burials take place each month at this cemetery.
- Cemitério São Paulo, São Paulo
- Cemitério Jardim da Colima, São Bernardo do Campo
- Cemitério do Brás, São Paulo
- Cemitério Parque de Limeira, Limeira
- Cemitério Municipal Vila ErcÃlia, São José do Rio Preto
- Cemitério da Penha, São Paulo
- Cemitério Israelita da Butanta, São Paulo
- Cemitério Parque Monte Tabor — Bragança Paulista
- Cemitério Municipal Chora Menino, São Paulo
- Cemitério da Cantareira, São Paulo
- Cemitério Municipal, Jaú
- Cemitério Parque dos Ipês, Jundiaí
- Cemitério Municipal, Assis
- Cemitério Jardim da Paz, Jacareí
- Cemitério São João Batista, Presidente Prudente
- Cemitério Municipal São João Batista, Presidente Prudente
- Cemitério da Consolação, São Paulo