Santaquin Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Santaquin Family History Center is a full service center serving the south part of Utah County. We welcome all to come visit us.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Santaquin Family History Conference - To the Rescue
- 3.1 When: Saturday, 24 March 2012
- 3.2 Time: 9 - 1 pm at the Santaquin Stake Center - 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah
- 3.3 Keynote Speaker: Randy Bryson 9-9:50 am
- 3.3.1 Classes begin at 10 am
- 3.3.2 2012 SANTAQUIN FAMILY HISTORY CENTER CONFERENCE CLASSES
- 3.3.4 Center Resources
- 3.3.5 Center Services
- 3.3.6 Resources in the Local Area
- 3.3.7 Links
- 3.3.8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah, United States
- Please enter on the west side of the building. You will need to ring the bell located at the top right corner of the door frame. There is plenty of parking available. Handicap parking is toward the southwest end of the building.
- Location on Map
Monday - Friday: 9 am to noon.
Tuesday - 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
'Wednesday: Noon to 3 pm and 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
Calendar and Events
Santaquin Family History Conference - To the Rescue
When: Saturday, 24 March 2012
Time: 9 - 1 pm at the Santaquin Stake Center - 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah
Keynote Speaker: Randy Bryson 9-9:50 am
Classes begin at 10 am
- There is no charge for the conference
2012 SANTAQUIN FAMILY HISTORY CENTER CONFERENCE CLASSES
Class Session 1
Class Session 2
Class Session 3
|Charlotte Coleman|| New FamilySearch &
| New FamilySearch &
| New FamilySearch &|
|Jill Woodbury|| “Have They Already Been Rescued?”
Find ordinances already completed in nFS & original temple records rather than duplicating the work of your ancestors
| “If Frannie is Buried There, Who is Patricia?”
Solve a family legend from original records, discover relationships, and document findings
| “Proving & Illuminating Puzzle Pieces of Life.”|
Use puzzle piece clues from various documents to prove and illuminate an individual.
|Don Crenshaw||Descendency Research using New FamilySearch||Descendency Research using New FamilySearch|
| Ray Martin,
|The Priesthood's Role In Family History: The Leadership Resource Guide||The Priesthood's Role In Family History: The Leadership Resource Guide|
Nelcy & Brodie Sebresos,
Hispanic Research Class
Registration and getting started with FamilySearch
Hispanic Research Class
Hispanic Research Class
|Weston Marsh||Missionary Work and Family History||Missionary Work and Family History||Missionary Work and Family History|
| Askelson’s &
|Virginia Temple||“How to Interview in one Easy Lesson”||“How to Interview in one Easy Lesson”||“How to Interview in one Easy Lesson”|
|Rebecca Tobiasson||Youth & Family History|
Santaquin FHC Class Schedule :
- New training sessions for New Family Search, FamilySearch, and research and computer classes will start in April. These classes will be announced at a later date.
- Registration required, please notify us of your interest at email@example.com
- We are interested in meeting the needs of our patrons. If you have a particular class you would like us to teach please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact us for scheduling Youth groups, Sunday School classes, Relief Society or Priesthood activities at email@example.com (It is helpful if you will contact us at least a week before you would like to visit the center. This will allow us to be better prepared for your group. This also will help you to better use your time here).
Staff Training Meetings :
- Second Thursday of each month beginning at 6:30 pm in the family history center.
- We have a list of local films and fiche and some film/fiche from other areas of the world. Please contact us or search the FHL Catalog for these resources.
- Local history books and resources for doing your family history.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have computers, film/fiche readers and printers for your use.
- We also have access to other programs for family history.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help you with research in the US, England, Scandanavia, and Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
We are 20 minutes from Brigham Young University and their collections. We are also 20 minutes from the Utah Family History Training Center located in Orem, Utah.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a one hour drive from Santaquin.
Santaquin Utah North Stake AND Santaquin Utah Stake Web sites
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you must live in a participating stake to use this Web site. Use your LDS Account information to sign in.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.