Santaquin Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Santaquin Family History Center is a full service center serving the south part of Utah County. We welcome all to come visit us.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Saturday, March 9, 2013
- 4.1 We want to THANK our Guest Speaker, Elder Dennis C. Brimhall and ALL our Presenters.
- 4.3 Classes at the Family History Center:
- 4.4 Staff Training Meetings :
- 4.5 Center Resources
- 4.6 Center Services
- 4.7 Resources in the Local Area
- 4.8 Links
- 4.9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah, United States
- Please enter on the west side of the building. You will need to ring the bell located at the top right corner of the door frame. There is plenty of parking available. Handicap parking is toward the southwest end of the building.
- Location on Map
Family History Center Hours:
- Monday - Friday 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday - 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- You may call to make an appointment for additional times
Holiday Schedule-the FHC will be closed on the following days:
- May 27 - Memorial Day
- September 2 - Labor Day
- November 27,28,29 - Thanksgiving
- December 23 thru January 1, 2014 - Christmas & New Years
**Open again on JAN 2, 2014 - 9:00am **
Calendar and Events
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ATTENDED OUR FAMILY HISTORY CONFERENCE - HELD ON
Saturday, March 9, 2013
We want to THANK our Guest Speaker, Elder Dennis C. Brimhall and ALL our Presenters.
You all did a wonderful job.
Instructors: Jill Woodbury, Cherise Cooper, Carla Valerio, Bonnie Wilcox, Rebecca Tobiasson, Scott Parkin, Dave & Dorine Askelson, Joyce Rundell, Joy Stubbs, Robert L Hales, Charlotte Coleman, Ashley Biggers, Lila Sowards, Merlin Kitchen, Kathy Almquist, Connie Rasmussen, Bill & Sandy Lamb, Lois Parry, BYU Family History Library Staff / Elder and Sister Dunn
A Digital copy of the Conference Syllabus can be found through this link:
Classes at the Family History Center:
- Classes for FamilySearch Family Tree are being held Thursday evenings, at 7 pm. These class sessions will be repeated. All are welcome to attend. Registration is required because of limited space.
- Next Session begins: April 4, 2013 (4 week class) *Classes fill quickly
- Please email us at email@example.com for additional information.
- We are interested in meeting the needs of our patrons. If you have a particular class you would like us to teach please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact us for scheduling Youth groups, Sunday School classes, Relief Society or Priesthood activities at email@example.com (It is helpful if you will contact us at least a week before you would like to visit the center. This will allow us to be better prepared for your group. This also will help you to better use your time here).
Staff Training Meetings :
- Third Thursday of each month beginning at 6:30 pm in the family history center.
- We have a list of local films and fiche, and some film/fiche from other areas of the world. Please contact us or search the FHL Catalog for these resources.
- Local history books and resources for doing your family history.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have NEW computers, film/fiche readers and printers for your use.
- We also have access to other programs (paid subscriptions) for family history.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help you with research in the US, England, Scandanavia, and Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
We are 20 minutes from Brigham Young University and their collections. We are also 20 minutes from the Utah Family History Training Center located in Orem, Utah.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a one hour drive from Santaquin.
Santaquin Utah North Stake AND Santaquin Utah Stake Web sites
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you must live in a participating stake to use this Web site. Use your LDS Account information to sign in.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.