Difference between revisions of "Santaquin Utah Family History Center"
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
=== Volunteer at the Center ===
=== Volunteer at the Center ===
''Wewelcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.''
Revision as of 02:31, 4 January 2012
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Santaquin Family History Center is a full service center serving the south part of Utah County. We welcome all to come visit us.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 2.1 Upcoming Events :
- 2.2 Santaquin Family History Conference to be held Saturday, 24 March 2012 from 9 am - 1 pm at the Santaquin Stake Center.
- 2.3 Class Schedule :
- 2.4 Currently offering training sessions in FamilySearch and New Family Search. Registration required, please notify us of your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 2.5 Staff Training Meetings :
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 45 South 500 West Santaquin, Utah, United States
- Please enter on the west side of the building. You will need to ring the bell located at the top right corner of the door frame.
- There is plenty of parking available. Handicap parking is toward the southwest end of the building.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: We are open Monday through Friday 9 am to noon. Also open Wednesday noon to 3 pm and 6:30 pm to 9 pm. Also open Tuesdays 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events :
Santaquin Family History Conference to be held Saturday, 24 March 2012 from 9 am - 1 pm at the Santaquin Stake Center.
Key note speaker: Randy Bryson
Several classes to be offered
There is no charge for the conference
Class Schedule :
Currently offering training sessions in FamilySearch and New Family Search. Registration required, please notify us of your interest at email@example.com:
New Session starting January 19, 2012. Email us for more information.
Staff Training Meetings :
Second Thursday of each month beginning at 6:30 pm in the family history center.
- Family History Library Catalog: We can help you order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have a list of local films and fiche and some film/fiche from other areas of the world. Please contact us or search the FHL Catalog for these resources.
- Local history books and resources for doing your family history.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have computers, film/fiche readers and printers for your use.
- We also have access to other programs for family history.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help you with research in the US, England, Scandanavia, and Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
We are 20 minutes from Brigham Young University and their collections. We are also 20 minutes from the Utah Family History Training Center located in Orem, Utah.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a one hour drive from Santaquin.
Santaquin Utah North Stake AND Santaquin Utah Stake Web sites
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you must live in a participating stake to use this Web site. Use your LDS Account information to sign in.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.