Santa Maria California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 908 E Sierra Madre Ave Santa Maria, CA 93454-6335 United States
- Entrance and parking are on the southwest side of the building.
- Please ring the bell for entrance to the Family History Center.
- Tuesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
July 4th: Labor Day: Thanksgiving: Christmas:
- FamilySearch Catalog: The Santa Maria California Family History Center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Reference Library includes many books and periodicals to help with research throughout the world. Also 6700+ microfilm/fiche on permanent status.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 13 computer workstations with printer access
- Paper Copier
- 4 Microfilm readers
- 1 Microfiche reader
- 1 Microfiche/film scanner-copier
Staff Research Specialties
We have a friendly experienced staff. Translation help is available in the following languages: German and Latin.
Resources in the Local Area
P.O. Box 2147 Santa Maria, CA 93457-2147
Our society meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 2-4pm Discovery Center Community Room at 705 S McClelland St in Santa Maria. We do not meet in July, August or December. We can be reached by e-mail at Roots@smvgs.org. Our society has volunteers at the Santa Maria Public Library each Wednesday, except holidays, from 1-3pm. If you are just getting started, new to the area or need something special in your research they are there to help.
- Santa Maria Valley Historical Society Museum
616 S. Broadway
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Adding details to a FHC page article.