Santa Maria California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 908 East Sierra Madre Ave. Santa Maria, CA
- Entrance and parking are on the southwest side of the building. Please ring the bell for entrance to the Family History Center.
- Map to Santa Maria California Family History Center.
Phone: 805 928-4722
- Monday 10 am - 2 pm
- Tuesday-Thursday 10 am - 2 pm and 7-9pm
- Holiday Closures: Thanksgiving Nov 21 to Nov 27
Christmas Dec 19 - Jan 2, 2012
- Family History Library Catalog: The Santa Maria California Family History Center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Reference Library includes many books and periodicals to help with research throughout the world. Also 6700+ microfilm/fiche on permanent status.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 computer workstations with printer access
- Paper Copier
- 10 Mircofilm readers
- 2 mircofiche readers
- 1 Microfiche/film scanner-copier
- 1 flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
We have a friendly experienced staff. Translation help is available in the following languages: German, French, Russian, Ukrainan, Swedish and Latin.
Resources in the Local Area
Santa Maria Valley Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 1215 Santa Maria, CA 93456
Society meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month 3:30 pm in the Oak Knolls Haven meeting room at 4845 South Bradley road in Santa Maria.
616 S. Broadway
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Adding details to a FHC page article.