Santa Barbara California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Center is a partner with the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Films can be ordered from the Salt Lake Library and viewed at readers in the Center.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2107 Santa Barbara Ave Santa Barbara CA 93105 United States
- Enter at the rear door on Santa Barbara St.
- Press the doorbell to enter.
- Wednesday: 11:00am-2:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am-2:00pm
'Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week (Nov. 17-29, 2016), Christmas week, New Year's week and any other holiday that falls on Wednesday or Saturday.'
Closed: The first Saturday in April and October, the month of August, Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, New Year's week and any other holiday that falls on Wednesday or Saturday.
Closed August 17- Sept 6, 2017. Open Wednesday, Sept 6, 11-2. Closed Saturday, September 9, 2017.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- This Center has 6 computers with access to FamilySearch and the premium websites as well as an added computer for scanning film or fiche to digital media or print.
- 6 film readers and 3 fiche readers are available
- Copiers and printers
- Wireless access available for laptop and tablet computers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Santa Barbara Genealogical Society's Sahyun Library is open to the public and is located at 316 Castillo Street on the ocean side of Highway 101. Take the Bath Street exit going North, or the Castillo Street exit going South on 101. The Library contains over 10,000 volumes, 600 CD-ROMS, and a large collection of newsletters and journals from many genealogical societies all over the United States, Canada, Australia, Great Britain and other countries.
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 am to 4pm, Sunday 1 to 4 pm.
Santa Barbara County Genealogical Society: http://www.sbgen.org
Ventura Genealogical Society: http://www.venturacogensoc.org
San Luis Obispo County Genealogical Society: http://slocgs.org
Volunteer at the Center