Santa Barbara California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Center is a partner with the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and HoursEdit
- 2107 Santa Barbara Ave Santa Barbara CA 93105 United States
- Enter at the rear door on Santa Barbara Street
- Press the doorbell to enter.
- Wednesday 11 am - 2 pm
- Family History Class: Wednesday 10 am-11 am
- All are welcome.
Holiday Schedule: Closed holidays, Thanksgiving week and Christmas week
Calendar and EventsEdit
Staff Training MeetingsEdit
Databases and SoftwareEdit
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and EquipmentEdit
- This Center has 16 computers with access to FamilySearch and a variety of premium websites.
- 2 film readers and 3 fiche readers are available.
- Copier and printer
- Wireless access available for laptop and tablet computers
- All services are free of charge
Staff Research SpecialtiesEdit
Resources in the Local AreaEdit
The Santa Barbara Genealogical Society's Sahyun Library is open to the public and is located at 316 Castillo Street on the ocean side of Highway 101. Take the Bath Street exit going North, or the Castillo Street exit going South on 101. The Library contains over 10,000 volumes, 600 CD-ROMS, and a large collection of newsletters and journals from many genealogical societies all over the United States, Canada, Australia, Great Britain and other countries.
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 am to 4pm, Sunday 1 to 4 pm.
Volunteer at the CenterEdit