Sanders County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Sanders County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Sanders County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1905|
|County Seat||Thompson Falls|
|Address|| Sanders County Courthouse|
1111 Main Street
Thompson Falls, MT 59873
Sanders County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 References
- Parent County: created 7 February 1905 from Missoula
- County seat: Thompson Falls 
- Neighboring Counties: Bonner County, Idaho | Flathead | Lake | Lincoln | Mineral | Missoula | Shoshone County, Idaho
|Hot Springs||Old Agency||Trout Creek|
A small piece of the Flathead Indian Reservation is in Sanders County. The major part of the reservation is in Lake County. Other small portions are also in Missoula and Flathead Counties.
- See an interactive map of Sanders County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk and Recorder has birth, marriage, divorce, probate, court and land records from 1906 and death records from 1907 
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 418.