San Juan County, Washington Genealogy
Guide to Sasn Juan County Washington genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|San Juan County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||October 31, 1873|
|County Seat||Friday Harbor|
|Address|| San Juan County Courthouse|
350 Court Street #7;
Friday Harbor, WA 98250-1249
San Juan County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biiography
- 2.3 Cemeteries
- 2.4 Census
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Directories
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Migration
- 2.16 Military
- 2.17 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.18 Newspapers
- 2.19 Obituaries
- 2.20 Periodicals
- 2.21 Probate
- 2.22 Public Records
- 2.23 Repositories
- 2.24 Taxation
- 2.25 Vital Records
- 2.26 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 San Juan County Washington Genealogy References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 31 October 1873 from Whatcom
- County Seat:: Friday Harbor 
- Neighboring Counties: Island | Skagit | Whatcom
- 1890 Veterans
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
World War II Files, 1942-1946
Public Welfare/Social Security Department, (Japanese Internment) Assistance Cases, Evacuee Referrals for Resettlement and Assistance, 1945-1946 from the Washington State Archives – Digital Archives
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
Probate records identify heirs of the decedents, give the (approximate) death dates, and provide specifics about property holdings. The records were kept by the county judge.
These include wills, inheritance records, dockets, and other documents regarding property and estates of individuals who have died. See also Court Records for civil actions involving estates. Also see Washington Probate Records.
San Juan County Courthouse
350 Court Street #7
Friday Harbor, WA 98250-1249
County Clerk has divorce, probate and court records.
County Auditor has birth records 1892-1907, death records 1890-1907 and marriage records from 1878. 
Family History Centers
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of San Juan County Birth Records. This database contains the names of people who were born in San Juan County in June 1891 – August 1907. The names were taken from the San Juan County Register of Births.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Historical Records . No images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
- Family History Library Catalog
- San Juan County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
San Juan County Washington Genealogy References
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002),Skamania County, Washington page 734, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.