San Jose California Family History Center
The San Jose California History Center serves all of metropolitan San Jose and surrounding communities.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4977 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135
- Use the parking lot closest to the Road. Walk up the central walkway to the LDS Chruch and look for the FHC Sign.
- Map to the San Jose California History Center.
- Tuesday 9AM to 3PM and 7 to 9PM
- Wednesday 7 to 9PM
- Thursday 9AM to 3PM
- Saturday 10AM to 1PM
Holiday Schedule 2011: We will be closed 11/22-11/26 and 12/20-12/31.
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: The Fall Family History Class starts on Sept. 14. It is held on Wednesdays from 10AM to 1PM.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center is able to receive any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog for viewing by patrons. Patrons may order films for delivery to the Family History Center online at www.familysearch.org/films.
- A catalog of all of the books, periodicals, CD's and extended loan microfilms and microfiche held by the San Jose Family History Center is available online
- San Jose Family History Center Catalog search page
- Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog Search Page
NOTE : When using the link to the Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog you are searching the catalogs of 15 family history centers. When you find a resource of interest, be sure to click on the "Show Copies" tab to see which location has the book, film. microfiche or CD you are interested in.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has:
- 13 computers
- 10 Microfilm Readers
- 2 Microfiche Readers
- 1 Microfilm Scanner
- 1 Microfilm Printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)